Her gown consists of four strips of left over fabric hand sewn together to form a tube using a long stitch. I then pulled the threads from the bottom of each seam to gather the fabric at the bottom. I left the bottom ends of my fabric strips raw edged.
I then made two narrow tubes of the lighter fabric for the sleeves of the gown. I folded in the sides of the top of the gown tube at an angle so I could insert the sleeves in raglan style. I ran the wire for the arms (a straight piece of 18 gauge curled on each end) and then stitched up the diagonal line where the sleeves meet the gown to hold it all together.
I made a small head shape from a piece of an old silk shirt, stuffed it, and secured it in the neck hole of the gown with a few stitches.
The hair was a fiber that a Christmas ornament I received as a gift was packed in. It is just secured with some stitching with white thread at the part line.
(I see on this photo that she picked up a stray thread while being photographed. I don’t have time now to take a new picture sans sewing debris. My apologies!)
I sewed the outline of the wings on a folded piece of fabric and then cut out around the outline. There is a piece of wire inside to help them not sag or flop when the angel is hung. These are attached to the angel with a few stitches between the two wings.
Like the red angel, I left her faceless.
A spiraled piece of thinner wire connecting hand to hand finishes her. She is ready to hang!
Here’s where I’m linking up.